Herbal medicine and Nutritional therapy are modalities that offer holistic support and improve function through the gentle stimulation of the bodies innate healing abilities.
Our strictly validated clinical training provides a deep knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology, alongside the biochemical interaction and pharmacology of plant medicines and foods.
This synergy allows us to identify and address the underlying health issues and provide a better platform for understanding so that the client is able to recognise how their lifestyle influences their health, thus allowing preventative measures to be implemented.
For example, utilising dietary approaches to ensure the optimal intake of minerals like Zinc and Magnesium can help support Hepatic function and thus improve detoxification pathways, whilst certain plants such as Berberis vulgaris have clinically proven efficacy in supporting appropriate blood sugar responses.
Particular specialisms include:
- Cardiovascular disease such as Hypertension and Lipid profiles (Cholesterol)
- Metabolic disorders, such as Type 2 Diabetes and Hypothyroidism
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Celiac disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Hormonal problems, such as Endometriosis and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome in women and poor libido and weight gain in men
- Dermatological conditions, such as Eczema, Psoriasis and Acne
- Bacterial infections such as Lyme disease
- Autoimmune conditions such as Rheumatoid Arthritis and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Weight management / Optimising athletic performance